Is Shared Lives right for me? - Camden Shared Lives
Is Shared Lives right for me?
Being a part of Shared Lives is different to residential living or supported living placements. Shared Lives can give you:
- the same carer who knows you really well
- the choice about how spend your time and when to spend time with your Shared Lives carer
- one-on-one care so that you don’t need to fit into other people’s plans like residents in supported living placements.
“Shared Lives is different to residential care because people can do what they want, when they want, with their Shared Lives carer who knows them well like a good friend”
You will also get
- your own room in a welcoming home with someone you have chosen to live with
- a chance to try new things and learn new skills
- support to join different things in the community
- help with appointments, medication, and living a healthy lifestyle
- help to budget your money
- support to be as independent as you can be.